NEW TO PEIRCE
Welcome to Peirce! We created this guide to help you get started as a new member of the Peirce community.
1. Sign up for PARENT PORTAL
This is critical because we need your help at home in making sure our students maintain good academic standing. It takes less than five minutes to sign up and you can set up automatic alerts that notify you when your child's grades drop below a pre-determined grade. To sign up, you will need your child's CPS ID# and a Portal PIN#. Contact Lynn or Sally in the main office for K-5th grade and Talyia Riemer (email@example.com) for 6th-8th. The Parent Portal Orientation Guide will walk you through this process step-by-step, so be sure to review it.
ENGLISH ORIENTATION GUIDE
SPANISH ORIENTATION GUIDE
We invite all parents and guardians of incoming Kindergarten students for the 2018-2019 school year to attend our K indergarten Orientation. The meeting will provide an opportunity for you to learn about the Kindergarten program, meet the teachers and current parents, ask questions, and connect with other incoming Kindergarten parents.
Date: Friday, June 1st, 2018
Time: 9:15 a.m.
Location: Peirce School, Multi-purpose Room
RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Sign Up for electronic communications: Receive communications from Principal Zaimi as well as other news, alerts, event information and more.
3. Join one of our Parent Organizations: We strongly encourage you to join our Parent Organizations because they will help you find a way to get your voice heard.
4. Share your talents: Please consider taking an active role in supporting the Peirce community. Check out our Volunteer Opportunities page or contact Cecilia Bocanegra Eichenseer at email@example.com and find out how you can help! Also, be sure to like the Peirce PSO page on Facebook to stay up to date on the latest volunteer needs.
5. Get social: There are a number of ways to keep tabs on what's going on at Peirce.
- Helen C. Peirce School page on Facebook: View pictures, videos, and get other important information.
- INSTAGRAM: Check out pictures of activities from the school.
- Parents of Peirce on Facebook: This is a parent-managed venue to enable the sharing of information and ideas.
- Friends of Peirce on Facebook: Find out about FOP events, volunteer needs and other ways to support Peirce.
6. Plan ahead for before and after school programs
7. Learn about the ins and outs of Peirce: Check out the Family Handbook
8. Meet the teachers: Visit your student's classroom website
9. Buy school supplies: Pre-K list, Grades 1-8 list